Vivian, by Ysolda Teague... aaaamazing. Happy to say Jamie's graduation gift is coming along well, have ripped back a few times but progress is still within my timeline. :) The first sleeve came out significantly tighter than the second, I re-knit that with more relaxed gauge and made myself happy. Then of course I was so eager to get to the yoke that I skipped a cable repeat in the top left sleeve and got six or seven rows into the yoke before I noticed! Whoops. Pay more attention Kelly, and make more sweaters!
The last few days my mind has been tangled up in the cabled beret I am attempting to design out of Malabrigo Silky Merino. This one will most likely adorn the lovely head of the boyfriend's sister as soon as I'm satisfied with it. She asked for a beret and her favorite colors cover at least half the rainbow... I think she'll be happy.
There are a few beret patterns out in this yarn and I want to invent my own. It's going to be a beret... I think. At this point I'm unsure about whether or not my increases are adequate.I keep getting distracted by my desire to make the cables more complicated; I want the increases incorporated into the cable pattern, but I'm held back by fear of over complicating the hat.
I have also been thinking about writing a pattern for my chameleon tail beanie. I've made cabled and un-cabled versions and had one person request that I make one for them. It would be a really simple pattern to write... would be a good excuse to force myself to figure out how to format a pdf that I can upload to ravelry. Images are dancing in my head of submitting to knitty, or selling patterns on etsy. It's a lot of work... that and just absorbing every bit of knitting history and culture I can feast my eyeballs on. Thank you internet.