Friday, May 20, 2011

Ysolda Fever

The Vivian progresses...


And it is starting to appear as if I will run out of yarn. 


     Still the hood to go and one measly, less than a sleeve's worth, ball of yarn left. And this ball spent a few days in my bathroom trying to de-wrinkle by steam after being knit into part of a too-tight sleeve. I'm 90% sure it's not enough, so as soon as I finish writing this, I promise I'll get up off my butt and take it down to Yarns by the Sea. I noticed they had several hanks of this colorway of tosh vintage when I was there two weeks ago. Crossing my fingers that they still have some. Even if they don't it shouldn't be a wasted trip because at least I can hopefully get somebody to ooh at my Sweater (yes, it is a proper noun).
    Did I mention the designer of this pattern is a freakin' genius? She has amazing sweaters and hats and even really cute toys. I've never really knit a stuffed animal before, but I'm thinking about it because it's designed by Ysolda. She has a whole new book of patterns coming out soon... very soon hopefully. I'm not normally one for pre-ordering, but again I might because... Ysolda is awesome.

No comments: